<huge snip>

| Sorry, I'm kind of thinking out loud here.
|
| --
| Brad Jensen brad@elstore.com
| President
| Electronic Storage Corporation Tulsa OK USA
| 918-664-7276
|
| LaserVault Report Retrieval & Data Mining
| www.Laservault.com
|
| www.eufrates.com - Add distance learning to
| your site with easy course preparation

Brad,

I'm just skimming this, but you asked earlier about info on multi-volume
saves.

I've never used this, but in the old .PDF manuals, every one had a section
on interfaces.  From the V4R4, CL manual:

"General-Use programming interfaces allow the customer to write programs
that obtain the services of the OS/400 program.  If you have a requirement
for additional interfaces to the OS/400 program, contact IBM at
1-507-253-1055 (FAX 507-253-1571)."

IIRC, older manuals said additional stuff about how to get more info about
the interfaces and/or additional interfaces, and that their may be (at IBM's
discretion) charges involved.

I don't recall this in the InfoCenter, and don't know if this option is
still available.

Also, I don't recall when or which list, but there has been discussion on
M-L on how you can buy LIPIs (Licensed ... info on program interfaces ?) and
IIRC they were a few hundred bucks, for different sections of the LIPIs.

Lastly Leif may have covered some of this stuff in his e-book on MI.  (ICBW,
but may be iseries.org)

hth

jt