Hello Chris,

who ever told you about UPPER CASES:

this may have been true for ancient TCPIP on V3R7 or so, but for the
TCPIP stack V4Rx or V5R1 this is definitely not true .
I've done this a several times with newer releases and there is no distinction
between upper and lower case hostnames. This would be very unnormal
behaviour compared to the rest of the IP-world, no DNS Server I know
of would make a difference between WWW.IBM.COM or www.ibm.com.
(There are cases where this IS the case, for instance the SAP-GUI client
used to install the new SAP releases, I think its v4r6 or so, makes such a
difference, this is very funny when installing two- or three-tier-systems ...)
Back to the topic: in newer releases of OS/400 you can even get rid of
the suffix SNA.IBM.COM if this is of any problem for you, but I do not have
the Info APAR number at hand at the moment.

Regards, Philipp Rusch