Hey, there's always IDDU.

Rob Berendt

==================
Benjamin Franklin

                    "Andy
                    Nolen-Parkhouse"          To:     <midrange-l@midrange.com>
                    <aparkhouse@mediaon       cc:
                    e.net>                    Fax to:
                    Sent by:                  Subject:     RE: S36EE Client
Access File Transfer Question
                    midrange-l-admin@mi
                    drange.com

                    12/03/2001 12:52 PM
                    Please respond to
                    midrange-l

Paul,

As far as Client Access is concerned, the S36 Environment data file is
just another AS/400 physical file.  If the file is only used in RPG II
programs, there is a chance that the file does not have fields defined.
Since RPG II programs maintain their field definitions internally, the
database may look like one flat field, which can contain packed, zone,
and character data.  If the file is keyed, only those fields necessary
to define the key are required.

Thus you should be able to process the file, but you may need to parse
the fields yourself.  Alternatively, the data can be copied into a
completely defined physical file and the RPG II programs should still
function as before and you would have the benefits of a defined
database.

Regards,
Andy Nolen-Parkhouse