The code had the plus signs in the proper place before
cutting and pasting.  I guess I should have 'cleaned'
it up a bit before sending thereby avoiding
unnecessary confusion.  Sorry....

By the way I corrected the problem.  (see earlier
posts).

I like your approach of making the query select a
variable.  I'm definetly going to give it a shot.

Thanks.

Rich

=====