Joe,

     You hit the nail on the head.  I am doing this
for performance reasons.  There are currently less
than 20 hold codes (much less actually, currently
using 4 so I defined the array(s) as 20.  Without
doing something along the lines that I described then
I would have to go out and read the table file for
each hold transaction rather than loading the array
one time and doing a lookup for each hold transaction
(to get corresponding code).  I should always get a
hit on the table (after loading).

Please let me know if you think that I am missing
something.....

=====