I have never had a hard time looking for special characters.  Maybe the
x'b6' means something to %scan.  See if you can translate it.  That may tell
you if the %scan will not find it.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Shannon O'Donnell" <orion@auburnctnet.com>
To: <midrange-l@midrange.com>
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2001 6:59 PM
Subject: Re: scanning for a hex value in RPGIV

It's only one line of code in question, but I'll post it here along with the
comparison string:

D para              S           1a       Inz(x'B6')
D SchStg          S       200a
 .
 .
 .
C                     Eval   R = %Scan(para:SchStg)

You can insert the text from the original post into the SchStg variable for
an example of what the text itself looks like.

Thanks