Hi,
We have our daily BACKUPs set up in the normal way as planned jobs.
It has been set to save most libraries and folders (from a list), and
all directories.
           System:  FLAMENCO
 Type choices below, then press Enter.
 What to back up:
   User libraries . . . . . . . . . . . . .   1            1=Selected
from list
   Folders  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .   1            1=Selected
from list
   User directories . . . . . . . . . . . .   2            2=All
Everything goes fine, except for the following. I'm including the part
of Joblog that refers to the problem.

After the folders part is done (saved folders to tape, to file # 28), it
gets an error from QNTC which I guess it monitors itself since the thing
goes on and finally gets the completion message saying 14 objects saved
to tape file # 29.
I do a DSPTAP of file #29 and yes some (not sure about ALL) directories
are saved. Obviously, QNTC was not included.

The message says a connection could not be established to Network Server
QFLAMENCO which is our system. It also points to something about IPCS,
and some other useless tips...

Our SystemName is FLAMENCO, NetServer name is QFLAMENCO and is up and
running.
Have no IPCS. No configuration of NWS of any kind.

In our CFGTCP configuration for HostNames, only "FLAMENCO.netname" is
included. I'm wandering if we should also have an entry with same IP@
for QFLAMENCO (have not tried it yet) but in any case,

why is BACKUP trying ( for saving its own directories ! ) a connection
to such a server (which BTW is itself ) ?
Any ideas? TIA.  Antonio
The save request ended on volume MIE01 on device TAP02. -- 37 folders
were
saved. -- 131 documents were saved.  -- 0 distributions were saved.

CPDB050    Diagnostic              30    15/11/01   08:22:18   QZLCKERN
>From module . . . . . . . . :QZLCVUT
>From procedure  . . . . . . :QzlcDiagMsg
Statement . . . . . . . . . :   479
Message . . . . :   Session initialization error with Network Server
QFLAMENCO.
Cause . . . . . :   The Network Server file system (QNTC) detected an
error attempting to initialize a session with Network Server QFLAMENCO.
Recovery. . . :   Ensure the QSERVER subsystem is started and
operational. If the
Server is loaded on an AS/400 Integrated PC Server (IPCS), ensure that
the
NWSD is varied on and the server is active. If the Server is a remote
system, ensure that the system is active and the Server program has been

started. If the Server is a AS/400 NetServer, ensure that the server has

been started. Technical description. . . . . . . . :   An error code 110

was received while trying to initialize a session to the Network Server
QFLAMENCO. To determine the meaning of the error number, do one of the
following:
110 --Name not found.

CPC370C    Completion              00    15/11/01   08:23:38   QSRSAV
QSYS        *STMT    QEZRUNBK     QSYS         0666
>From module . . . . . . . . :  QSRSAV
>From procedure  . . . . . . :qsrSendFinalMessageForSAV__FiP6qsrMsg
Statement . . . . . . . . . :   546
Message . . . . :   14 objects saved.
Cause . . . . . :   14 objects were saved on volumes MIE01 sequence
number 29
Antonio Fernandez-Vicenti
afvaiv@wanadoo.es