>> I wish they would have did the final resolution binding at "First Touch"
>> instead of automatically when it's caller is invoked.

>It was considered during the early design phase John, but the performance
>would have killed you.  The app would be singing along and then take a big
>hit just to perform a trivial function.  At least the way it is now you
can
>force the SP load during signon if you want to and then there's minimal
hit
>when you fire up the app.

>Jon Paris
>Partner40

I know Jon,  but it seems like the same cost no matter when it occurs.

If I have a procedure that's in a service program(and worse if that service
program evokes other service program's procedures - cascading) and only
logically use it sometimes, I don't have the capablity to decide when to
incur the cost.

The way it is now,  I get charged every time the main program is called
even if I only logically use that function 1 in 100 or more times right?

It seems like Opening a File.   It costs (say) 100 bucks,  It doesn't
matter if I use USROPN or not,  it cost 100 bucks, either on the OPEN
statement or at program startup.

But at least with USROPN, I don't get charged if I never open it.

but (as a person from Arkansas told me)  "It's Fly shit on a cannonball"
difference now.

john