I wrote "b) Some RPG coders don't like to sacrifice what works, based on the
conventional 'wisdom'".

Now I'm VERY well aware that absolutely every single Computer Science
Professor on the planet, and just about the entire industry, would argue
against using RPG and DDS.  Many, if not most, think the concept is
downright laughable, and think those who advocate the advantages of RPG and
DDS exhibit some pre-historic attitudes and/or genetic deficiency... (1/2
;-)

===> However, the market has spoken:  Companies pay a WIDE price
differential in hardware costs, because it DOES work.

You can argue that they pay it because they don't want to pay the cost of
re-training and/or their programmers are a bunch of old dogs that don't want
to learn new tricks.  Makes no difference...  The fact is they DO pay HUGE
sums of money to stay with RPG and DDS.  The market is saying something, by
that fact.

They may not be happy about it, obviously, from the talk on this list.  But
these servers continue to sell and be upgraded.. and even more, be
effectively utilitized to run A LOT of businesses...

In addition, this continues to take place in spite of the fact that MOST
Computer Science professionals have NEVER HEARD of either RPG or DDS...  And
most of those few that have heard about it, and think they know about it,
are basically clueless about it.  The RPG/DDS Community is, in a sense, a
self-supporting grassroots community.

Obviously, JMNSHO...