From:   Peter Dow [mailto:pcdow@yahoo.com]
Sent:   Wednesday, November 07, 2001 6:35 PM
To:     midrange-l@midrange.com
Subject:        Re: SMTP DNS problem

Hi Jim,

It's *LOCAL.  But hey! I took a look at the additional parameters and guess
what?  The PORT parameter was 99.  Only Murphy knows why.  I set it to 53
and voila!  PING works, SNDDST works, problem solved.

Thanks for jogging me into a little more detailed look at things.

Peter Dow
Dow Software Services, Inc.
909 425-0194 voice
909 425-0196 fax