Joe,

> Two schools of thought on this one:
>
> 1. I bought the machine, and I should be able to get the maximum use
out of
> it that I can, therefore a "CFINT buster" is perfectly legal and
ethical.

If that were true, is it also OK to break someone's license key system
that governs usage by processor group?  We tier proce our software
based on IBM processor group (p05, p10, p20,etc.).  If you buy a p05
license and then "tune" my key to run on a p50 processor, is that
legal and ethical?

I notice also that their software is tier priced from 1K to over 350K
depending on how useful the software is going to be to you, so how is
this different than what IBM is doing?   It seems that Tigertools has
their own interactive tax as well - it's just less than IBM's.

Come to think of it, I wonder how Tigertools would feel if I bought
their 1K version and "tuned" it to run on a model 840?  :)

If you buy into this arguement that you can "tune" a CFINT buster,
you're on a slippery slope indeed.

jte