From: midrange-l-admin@midrange.com [mailto:midrange-l-admin@midrange.com]On
Behalf Of Chuck Lewis
Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2001 1:28 PM
To: midrange-l@midrange.com
Subject: Re: IBM 4224 Printer

Denise,

Have you checked the out of forms sensor ? If memory serves me correctly the
4224 turned into the 4230 which we have a BUNCH of and they are basically
identical... The forms sensor is that "thing" on the lower left hand side of
the
printer where you put the paper in. On some models it was that darker color
and
then they started using blue. Not sure what you might have. Check this
sensor to
see that it is clean.

Here is something to check from out repair folks (we were getting a false
jam on
this sensor):

"There is an adjustment that you can do to it. It has (2) small flathead
screws
holding it in place. The nipple on the top of it has to be lined up with the
holes in the paper as they go through the sensor. You will need to press
stop on
the printer, loosen the screws on the sensor, and move probably an 1/8" to
the
right and tighten back just the bottom screw. To check if that adjustment
has
worked, hit form feed a few times. If the paper goes through without a jam
error, its good. If not, adjust until it stops the error. It can be caused
by
having different types of paper put in with slightly different hole
locations. "

HTH !

Chuck