On Thursday 11 October 2001 12:57 pm, rorr@volante.com.au wrote:
> Hi Simon,
>
> You wrote <<One approach, short of a program to do this>>
> Looks like I'll be writing a pgm then . . . . .

Remember you can run QShell commands in CL (or RPG, for that matter) by
specifying the command parameter for QSH, and separating commands with a
semi-colon (or running QSH several times). Simon's solution[1] could be
done in a one liner (or several if you want to build the command from
variables first).

QSH CMD('cat file1 file2 > file3; rm file2; mv file3 file2')

> Reason I was looking for this function is I'm updating my batch FTP cmd
> to also support stream files. FTP supports add on sends (APPEND) but
> not on receives, so when my cmd specifies *RCV and *ADD, and the StmF
> exists, I'll do a GET  to a temp dir then do the copy StmF to StmF with
>
> Rod Orr

Regards, Martin
[1] Can't post from work at present, otherwise I might have beaten Simon
to it ;-)
--
martin@dbg400.net / jamaro@firstlinux.net
http://www.dbg400.net  DBG/400 - DataBase Generation utilities