Well, it still leaves me confused.  Quoting Rodney's reply: "In order to have
the print text changed for a spooled file, one would have
to read the data from the existing spooled file and then put the data to a
printer file (just like the application did) to get new print text."

Isn't that what your tool does?

Tom Hightower
Solutions, Inc
http://www.simas.com
If Bill Gates had a dime for every time a Windows box crashed... oh, wait
- he does.

"Brad Stone" <brad@bvstools.com>
Sent by: midrange-l-admin@midrange.com
10/10/01 08:38 PM