Sorry if I over reacted Mel.  You know how sometimes the written word just
hits you the wrong way... no harm done.

Anyway, I could have been more clear... the 170 was throttled.  By hitting
MAX I meant that it was hitting the throttle limit I had set (once I learned
about doing so).  The problem was that I couldn't use the throttle limit IBM
suggested (1.5) to support the kind of traffic we were getting, so I had it
set at 25.

I began the reset procedure long before I had an inkling what was going on,
but at least at the beginning of everyday I had fewer jobs out there. It
made sense at the time, but again I freely admit I didn't know a lot about
what I was doing.  As one of those personal choice things, I found myself
taking advantage of the scheduled downtime (less than 3 minutes in the
middle of the night) to do some traffic analysis and the procedure has
simply stuck.

I like knowing that I'm starting with a clean state everyday, and since the
procedure was already in place I just kept it up when I moved to the 270
which is NOT throttled and has NEVER added an additional job.  That machine
is simply amazing!

Joel R. Cochran
Director of Internet Services
VamaNet.com