> The iSeries Performance Capabilities
> Reference Version 5, Release 1,
> http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/pubs/pdfs/as400/V4R5PDF/as4ppcp4.pdf,
> has a table on page 99 that shows number of transaction
> per second per CPW on the Apache server.  In the non-SSL
> case, servlets: .46; CGI named activation group .29; CGI
> new activation group .06.; Net.Data 0.19.

Quote from page 102: "The data in the Table 6.1 assumes that a small amount
of data is being served (say 100
bytes)."

How relevant are these benchmarks?  100 bytes?  Apparently no database
access?  Apparently the response is produced entirely from in-line output
statements?

Properly structured Java applications normally involve a Servlet, a Java
Bean, and a JSP, and frequently a Session, to produce a response.

Most Net.Data macros evoke calls to the SQL language environment.

The referenced comparisons seem to be almost completely divorced from
real-life.

Nathan M. Andelin
www.relational-data.com