My company is interested and has been interested for sometime in creating a
soft link to the
sending of Email via Lotus Notes Domino using the HTTP server of Domino

I did some preliminary research about this topic and these are my results

As of Version R4.6 of the Lotus Domino Product IBM made a library available
to Send Domino Mail via the Domino HTTP server. (CrtSndMail API)
The name of the library is RNHLIB that stands for "RPG Notes HTest" Library
If you search the IBM and the Lotus websites for RNHLIB you can read more
about this.

The problem that I encountered with this is that the Download of the
library is no longer
available from the IBM snippets web page.

Additionally there are some references to the Domino R5 product and the "No
Compromise"
"No Responsibility" Issue about these APIs.

Other leads in the Internet hinted that in Europe and Australia there are
many developers
trying to accomplish the same task

I found a vendor in Minnesota that will be announcing a Toolkit with these
RPG APIs support
for the current version of the Lotus Notes Domino Product

I do not have any relationship with this Vendor or making any commission
in mentioning this name or the company in this list but I think for someone
doing the same type of research the value can be significant

Call RJS Software Systems, Inc. (612) 822 1346 or (612) 822 0412
Or visit http://www.rjssoftware.com

There are many other things that you can do with their toolkit
For example you can Synchronize AS400 Database Files  to Notes Database
Documents
biderectionally.

There is another Vendor: Triangle Software Products Ltd.
They also offer a group of APIs and Domino connectors that can be used with
RPG, CL, Cool:2E or Cool:Plex Software.

I hope this helps

Jorge Moreno
Systems Analyst