I agree with the LANSA comments!

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-admin@midrange.com
[mailto:midrange-l-admin@midrange.com]On Behalf Of MDC Information
Systems
Sent: Monday, October 01, 2001 1:59 PM
To: midrange-l@midrange.com
Subject: Re: Replacing IIS with iSeries 400

Joe,

I'm a great admirer of your usually logic & well presented arguments but
this-

>snip
'Finally, only as a last resort would I look to a 4GL.  The biggest problem
with a 4GL is that they are rarely open enough to allow serious
customization, and so you are tied to whatever the 4GL thinks is necessary.
If they don't support the ability to tie a dropdown to an AS/400 file, then
chances are the workaround is going to be pretty painful.
>snip

IS simply CRAZY! Justify that statement please or withdraw it. Have you ever
used LANSA? or evaluated it?
Yes, I'm a '<SHAMELESS ' LANSA addict but I like to think I understand what
the other languages & tools deliver before putting them in the 'last resort
' box.

Regards,
Mike Dunnion
www.mdc.ie