Don wrote:

> Uh, guys, that's what they make "attachements" and PGP for...:)

Absolutely. However, there's probably a fly in the ointment here, too. If
you check the acceptable use policy you will probably find that using your
own encryption on e-mail, or any files stored within the company's system,
is a big no-no. Indeed to use PGP at work you would first have to install
it and this in all likelihood would in itself be a breach of the policy.

Private e-mail is an oxymoron. By its very nature e-mail that travels over
the Internet is not private - it's the electronic equivalent of sending a
post card. It's perfectly possible to make the contents of a post card
private by using a cipher. So if you want to keep the contents of your
e-mail private use PGP and do it from home. If you want to keep the
contents of your home computer private PGP can help you there, too.

Dave...
The opinions expressed in this communication are my own and do not
necessarily reflect those of my employer.