Walden,

>2) The MS01-044 fix was a rollup of previously available fixes. Also, had
>you configured IIS as a secure web server per MS's instructions that have
>been available since W2K came out over 18 months ago you would have been
>immune to both attacks. Even if you didn't config as secure had you
>installed the rollup you'd have been safe. Aug 15th was plenty of time to
>install before the attack.

Sorry, but that's not true.  I had installed MS01-044 on 8/17, 2 days after
it's release.
That same box got infected, not from the internet, but from a client on our
internal network.

Nimda was unique in that it could infect machines via 3 different avenues.
Email, shared folders and web server vulnerabilities.  MS01-044 only
addressed
web server vulnerabilities.

Dave