From: thomas@inorbit.com [mailto:thomas@inorbit.com]
Sent: 26 September 2001 00:17
To: midrange-l@midrange.com
Subject: RE: MULIC tapes

On Mon, 24 September 2001, Jeff Bull wrote:

> I'm a frayed knot.  The disk-initialise does not erase the expired system
> password, I tried this on another old system I attempted to rebuild for a
> client some time ago.

I'd always had the impression that this was not stored on disk, but instead
was stored in the control panel itself. Disk initialization, reloads, etc.,
have no effect on it.

Tom Liotta

--
Tom Liotta
The PowerTech Group, Inc.

The ALL NEW CS2000 from CompuServe
 Better!  Faster! More Powerful!
 250 FREE hours! Sign-on Now!

DISCLAIMER

Any opinions expressed in this email are those of the
individual and not necessarily the Company. This email
and any files transmitted with it, including replies and
forwarded copies (which may contain alterations)
subsequently transmitted from the Company, are
confidential and solely for the use of the intended recipient. If you are not
the intended recipient or the
person responsible for delivering to the intended recipient,
be advised that you have received this email in error and
 that any use is strictly prohibited.

If you have received this email in error please notify the IT
manager by telephone on +44 (0)208 4762000 or via
email to Administrator@itm-group.co.uk, including a copy
of this message. Please then delete this email and
destroy any copies of it.