On Friday 21 September 2001 5:41 pm, David Gibbs wrote:
> Folks:
>
> I've got a perplexing oddity happening here.
>
> Here's the scenario...
>
> 1. User enters some free form data into a source physical file
> 2. Under program control, the src-pf member is copied to a file on the
> IFS using the CPYTOSTMF (using code page 437).
>
> Pretty simple, eh?  Well, the odd part is ... if the user enters a
> dollar sign "$" into the source physical file, it gets translated
> incorrectly in the stream file on the IFS.
>
> The source pf has a CCSID of 37, and the stream file has a code page of
> 437.
>
> This is on OS400 V4R5.  The box is located in the UK.
>
> I've tested it on V4R3 system running in the US, and it works fine.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks!
>
> david

No ideas, but it's a <aol>me too</aol> here with a similar problem.

Source PF ccsid 285 containing a £ (GBP) symbol. CPYTOSTMF to IFS with
codepage 850. £ is now something completely different. CPYFRMSTMF back
again, and it *doesn't* get translated back to a £ - it goes to something
else different again. I got round it by using codepage 1252 then doing a
MOV of the file to 850. Upload is a reverse - MOV to 1252, then
CPYFRMSTMF. All characters are preserved.

Doing an ftp of the file from the PF-SRC to the IFS gives codepage 850,
and everything is okay (ftp on my Linux box, or using AS/400 ftp). 1252
is fine for windows boxes but I need 850 to see text files on my Linux
PC.

This is on a V4R4 box, also in the UK. I've been meaning to ask here if
someone has any suggestions.

Regards, Martin
--
martin@dbg400.net / jamaro@firstlinux.net