Mike wrote:

> So why does QINTER grab it away from QCTL? Is there some sort of
hierarchy?

I'm not an administrator on my current system so I'm unable to test, but
from memory when a subsystem starts and attempts to allocate the
workstations with at *SIGNON entries it's able to grab any that are sitting
with a sign-on screen under any other subsystem. So when there's contention
it seems to be the last subsystem to start that wins.

Incidentally as a further thought to Adam's missing history log entry it
may be that QINTER came up in time to grab DSP05 away from QCTL before QCTL
had completed the vary on. It's just a guess but it sounds a reasonable
theory.

> Let's say that I have a display named DSPXX, and I want to have two
> subsystems: SUBSYSA and SUBSYS2. Is it possible to define them so that if
> SUBSYSA is active, DSPXX will come up in it (even IF SUBSYS2 is also
> active), but if SUBSYSA is not active it will come up in SUBSYS2?

I have never been able to arrange things this way although I have tried to
in the past. I have got round it by using routing programs to transfer the
interactive job to the desired subsystem so it doesn't matter which
subsystem is displaying the sign-on screen, when the user actually signs on
they come up in the subsystem you want.

Dave...
The opinions expressed in this communication are my own and do not
necessarily reflect those of my employer.