Hi Everyone,

At the request of our operators I've added a second console, DSP05, as a
workstation named entry in the QCTL subsystem. However, it still starts up
in QINTER. I've had a look through the history log and you can see DSP05
varied on a few seconds before QCTL starts, so it should be available.
There are in fact two other terminals defined in QCTL (DSP02 and DSP03) and
you see messages that QCTL can't allocate them (Not sure why because they
eventually come up in QINTER). QCTL doesn't even seem to try and grab
DSP05.

Am I missing something? Would removing the other workstation entries form
QCTL make a difference? BTW, these particular terminals are twinax
connected dumb terminals (it's a large data centre and these terminals are
in the operations "flight deck" next to the computer room. All other access
to this machine is from PCs over an ethernet WAN). DSP01 is of course on
port 0 address 0. DSP05 is on port 4, address 3. One of the other
workstations mentioned above, DSP02, is on port 4, address 0. Is there
something I should be looking at there? The workstation type entries for
QCTL are *CONS and *ALL.

Many thanks in advance

Adam Driver
Technical Consultant