Hello all,

Has anyone been successful using the integrated modem and a telephone line
that does NOT produce any dial tone?  I know my phone line is good because I
can use it on another lpar with an external modem.  Under OPS NAV, the
universal connection wizard doesn't give me any opportunity to specify 'no
dial tone' and I didn't see any parameter on the qespplin description that
would be appropriate to change to allow for no dial tone.  I used the
WRKTCPPTP to view the commands used by the 2771 modem and see the AT
commands there but I don't think I want to change these defaults without
more knowledge.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Theresa Luebeck
AS/400 Systems Manager
Fiskars Consumer Products, Inc.
608-232-4189