From: midrange-l-admin@midrange.com [mailto:midrange-l-admin@midrange.com]On
Behalf Of Nathan M. Andelin
Sent: Monday, September 10, 2001 4:50 PM
To: midrange-l@midrange.com
Subject: Re: QTMMSENDMAIL performance

Reeve,

If you have an application that blasts out a bunch of messages all at once,
then I believe that there are both MSF configuration settings as well as
normal work management settings that will enable you to tune your system for
the type of work you'll be doing with it.  I've read about some of the
settings, but never really paid much attention to them since I don't send a
lot of messages from my AS/400.  But MSF configuration is documented in the
Library and the Information Center.

If you're sending messages to 100 different people, then your system may
need to connect to 100 different remote SMTP servers.  That can take time.

Nathan.