I hate to say it but this is much less sinister than that.
WRKACTJOB shows details for what it works with - for jobs.
But not everything that runs on system is a job. There are lots of SLIC
tasks - save/restore, asynchronous pagein/pageout, TCP/IP router, database
SMP support, performance statistics collection - to name just a few.
All these consume CPU - sometimes quite a lot.
But these are not jobs, so WRKACTJOB does *not* show them in details
section. But they *are* included in WRKACTJOB header, which is system
totals.
Bottom line - CFINT or not, you are about to see this effect every now and
then.

WRKSYSACT is indeed a way to see all things which use CPU on system - it is
not limited to jobs.
You can also look at performance data collected by Performance Monitor
and/or Collection Services (it depends on release).
This data will also include SLIC tasks as well as jobs.

    Alexei Pytel

"No one can beat unbeatable"

                    "Leif Svalgaard"
                    <leif@leif.org>           To:     <midrange-l@midrange.com>