From: midrange-l-admin@midrange.com [mailto:midrange-l-admin@midrange.com]On
Behalf Of barsa@barsaconsulting.com
Sent: Thursday, August 30, 2001 9:31 AM
To: midrange-l@midrange.com
Subject: RE: SAVxxx SEQNBR(11) bombs if #11 already on tape???

To my knowledge, the SEQNBR number doesn't (and has never) really worked.
The only two acceptable values are "1" and "*END".  If I am wrong, would
someone please correct me.

Al

Al Barsa, Jr.
Barsa Consulting Group, LLC

400>390

914-251-1234
914-251-9406 fax

http://www.barsaconsulting.com
http://www.taatool.com

                    neilp@dpslink.com
                    Sent by:                  To:
midrange-l@midrange.com
                    midrange-l-admin@mi       cc:
                    drange.com                Subject:     RE: SAVxxx
SEQNBR(11) bombs if #11 already on tape???

                    08/29/01 07:59 PM
                    Please respond to
                    midrange-l

All drives support SEQNBR(1) CLEAR(*ALL) but only a few (reel to reel for
example) will support CLEAR at other than SEQNBR(1).
SEQNBR(1) CLEAR(*ALL) is very useful for a backup where you don't
want/need to reinitialize the tape but want to erase previous data.

...Neil

"Reeve Fritchman" <reeve@ltl400.com>
Sent by: midrange-l-admin@midrange.com
2001/08/29 13:11