From: "Phil" <sublime78ska@yahoo.com>
To: <midrange-l@midrange.com>
Subject: ifs file is there but not there
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 18:54:03 -0400

All,

I am creating an IFS file with an RPG program, then FTP'ing that file.

I close the file after creating it, and the response is 0.

But, if I do WRKLNK for the file it tells me CPFA0A9 but if I do WRKLNK to
the folder, and display the folder, I can find the file (and edit it).

This is causing me a problem because FTP can't get to the file either.

Later in the program I delete the file (using unlink) and it is able to find
the file for that!

Here's the code I'm using to create the file:

     C                   eval      FileDesc = open(%ADDR(FileNam)
     C                               : O_CREAT + O_WRONLY + O_TRUNC +
     C                                 O_CODEPAGE + O_INHERITMODE
     C                               : S_IRWXU + S_IROTH
     C                               : AsciiCodePage)
     C                   eval      rc = close(FileDesc)
     C                   eval      FileDesc = open(%ADDR(FileNam)
     C                               : O_TEXTDATA + O_RDWR)

Anyone know why I'm getting CPFA0A9?

Thanks,

Phil