You are not very specific about your needs.

I have somewhere an RPG/400 program to _list_ an overview over decimal data
errors. It reads the file field description, then the
file (all fields read into alpha array, tests/moves it into numeric fields and
then lists it.

You can easily modify this program to do an update.

Do you want me to find this program? Warning: No guarantee. It is not polished
for release as freeware.

Henrik
http://hkrebs.dk

> From: "Fisher, Don" <DRF@HeiligMeyers.com>
> To: midrange-l@midrange.com
> Subject: Invalid decimal data
> Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 09:17:50 -0400
>
> We have a series of files, possible all of them, containing invalid decimal
> data in some fields.  The only two ways I can think of to identify them are
> to create an RPG program that will interrogate each field by executing a
> Z-ADD operation and checking the error indicator or to execute an SQL
> statement using each numeric field in the selection criteria.  The statement
> should fail upon encountering invalid decimal data.  The trouble with the
> latter method is it won't allow me to fix the data.  At least I don't think
> so.
>
> Does anyone out there know a more pleasant and convenient way to do this?
>
> Any help, as always, will be greatly appreciated.
>
> Donald R. Fisher, III
> Project Manager
> Heilig-Meyers Furniture Company
> (804) 784-7500 ext. 2124
> Don.Fisher@HeiligMeyers.com

> Message: 8
> From: "Art Tostaine, Jr." <art@link400.com>
> To: <midrange-l@midrange.com>
> Subject: RE: Hotels At COMMON
> Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 09:37:41 -0400
>
> While I understand why Common needs the bookings, I've heard before that the
>best possible rate can be had by booking with
whatever