Ah, that ongoing battle for disk space.
Larry, the following might help reduce your disk usage between IPLs;

Submit a CLROUTQ of QEZDSPJOB
Review all your other outqs.
Have you looked at DSPJOBTBL & F11 for an overview of what's on the outqs ?
CHGCLNUP so that your splfs spend less time on the system, esp, joblogs We
only keep ours for 4 days.
Have each department agree a retention period for regular reports, once
printed, & zap the older ones.
Wrksysval QRCLSPLSTG   & review. I set ours to 1; it was shipped at 8.
A change to this system value takes effect immediately - don't panic if
your screen pauses for several minutes; it's zapping the unused ones &
there may be quite a few.

Every night, or every week, clear PDM-replaced objects: CLRLIB QRPLOBJ
(IPL's do this anyway)
CHGJRN   *GEN before backups, so the receivers are detached & ready for
backup.

You know your own system best, - do you regularly offline journal receivers
? Might be worthwhile.
Also regularly reorganise files - there's a lot in the archives about this.

I'd begin by listing all libraries, circulate the list & ask people which
they are responsible for, then rename the rest if no jobs are locking them
- check also that they are not referenced by jobds or usrprfs.
If not missed in a month, offline them. Amazing what can build up during
conversions etc.
Ask all developers to WRKOBJPDM  theirlib & hit F14. Then purge any large
unwanted files.
I'd try to perform each step & note the difference, one per day. You'll
notice a difference by the next IPL.

Fiona