  • Subject: Re: security AGGRAVATION: renaming *devd
  • From: MacWheel99@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2001 02:42:03 EDT

We not on latest OS/4 version.
Both me & my IT buddy are setup with *IO configuration securiity authority
I have noticed that WRKCFGSTS access to some device then vary it off then F14
access lets us 2 or 7 as we desire, then F12 & get back to new name & vary it
on, but the F14 screen appears to be indistinquishable from the screen of
WRKDEVD which does not let us do this stuff.

Another topic is that we have some people who are authorized to add some
things to menus & make simple CL for the menus ... basically all they are
doing is copying a template CL, then filling in some blanks with name of
query to be run, whether user at menu will have selection *YES & what it will
have on spool file labeling.

Initially I tried to put those people in a user group in which the user group
had the right authorities, but it would not fly until I gave them the right
authorities dierectly.