  • Subject: Re: Client Access in V5R1
  • From: Chuck Morehead <cbmorehead@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2001 07:17:15 -0500

Eric,

Thanks for the suggestion.  A long time ago I did go through the process of
running IP over SNA.  It was part of Client Access.  The company I was
working for at the time needed IP to run an application and they hadn't
converted the office to Ethernet yet.  IIRC though, it was _very_ slow and
not very stable.  I also worry since this is part of Client Access which IBM
is no longer supporting.

Unless anyone else has input I think I'll recommend the client just spend
the money to convert to Ethernet, and avoid possibly fighting continuous
problems.  Has no one else tried Client Access (not Express) in V5R1?

The PC is running software that maps the drivers' routes based on the order
information the AS/400 supplies to it.  Since it is a critical function I've
got to be sure they have a sound and stable connection.

Chuck