  • Subject: RE: DASD problems
  • From: Ian Scotson <IanS@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 17:01:00 +1000

HI,

We have a newish 820 with 10x6717 drives.
We've had 3 drives go so far.
The last PTF as far as I know is MF27053  -this is only
days old as far as i know. From what i can see from
cover letters etc, they still dont know whats wrong.

If they do, their notes dont seem to indicate it.
The last PTF related to Mirrored disks, and we have been
running Raid5 ( last most people i'm sure..)

All you can do is hang in there, and load all the Hyper's
and Dasd specific ones you can, and keep an eye on dasd
errors thru SST. I had the last one replaced when it was giving
lots of temporary errors - wasnt prepared to wait for perm
errors.

Ian.