  • Subject: RE: Atlas Shrugged: Ayn Rynd
  • From: "Carl Galgano" <cgalgano2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 13:28:01 -0400

Joel:
If I could I would opt out of social security today and forfeit every penny
I have contributed to the system over the past 29 years.  Where else can you
earn a guaranteed negative rate of return on your investment?  As many of
you guys on this list are, I am self employed and pay the other side of the
SS and Medicare taxes every month.  15% is ridiculous.  Is anyone else out
there paying over 50 percent of what they make to the government (when you
add up all the taxes you pay).  You are not, maybe I need to meet your CPA
or tax attorney.  :)
cjg

Carl J. Galgano
EDI Consulting Services, Inc.
550 Kennesaw Avenue, Suite 800
Marietta, GA  30060
(770) 422-2995 - voice
(419) 730-8212 - fax
mailto:cgalgano@ediconsulting.com
http://www.ediconsulting.com
AS400 EDI, Networking, E-Commerce and Communications Consulting and
Implementation
http://www.icecreamovernight.com
Premium Ice Cream Brands shipped Overnight

"You ain't gonna learn what you don't want to know" - rw