    But the car analogy that was given was a completely false representation
of the CPW situation. The analogy said the buyer bought a 150 MPH car but
was artificially governed to only be able to use that sometimes.
    In the CPW situation, the buyer walks in and says, "I'd like a 300
horsepower car, but I'd like 75% of that to be reserved for powering my
generator." Now the guy is driving around and whenever the generator needs
power it is drained off the engine, still leaving him with his 75 HP for
driving.
    But now he notices that other people who just bought generators paid
less than he did for his car/generator! He's now pissed at the auto
manufacturer for charging so much for his car! He starts to rant and
threaten to quit driving altogether and go just use a plain old generator
for his power!

    CPW is a measure of workload being performed. A task done by a terminal
doesn't change in its CPW requirements unless you add more work to be done.
So if a machine is upgraded to support more CPW, it will allow for more work
to be done.

Chris Rehm
javadisciple@earthlink.net
If you believe that the best technology wins the
marketplace, you haven't been paying attention.