  • Subject: RE: Midrange Computing is liquidating.
  • From: Scott Klement <klemscot@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2001 01:28:43 -0500 (CDT)

It's interesting to hear this...

I have to admit that I was a huge fan of MC when I first started reading
it 8-9 years ago.   I thought it was the best thing out there.
I mean, it was THE BEST.

However, a few years ago it seemed to become SIGNIFICANTLY less useful.
Seemed like half of the articles were just "fluff".  I always wondered
why...

We are a small shop.  I'm the manager, but I'm also a senior programmer.
Being a small shop, I'm able to do both.   However, I've always bought
these magazines (both MC and News/400) for their technical content.

I never found any of the "managerial" articles useful.  It just seemed
like the author was spouting his opinions to the world.  As often as not,
I felt that the author was severely mislead about how the world worked...