  • Subject: Re: Is CFINT IBM's way of getting rid of RPG?
  • From: "Chris Rehm" <javadisciple@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2001 17:08:05 -0700

So, wait, what are you saying? That because JP Morgan speculated that the
market share of the AS/400 will dwindle that this proves IBM has plotted to
reach the "milking" stage? So you figure all the money they are spending on
developing new technologies dealing with the AS/400 is just a show they are
putting on?

Your premise is speculative and faulty. For instance, it doesn't really
project the market of the AS/400, it only looks at its performance compared
to other IBM hardware and software. You haven't bothered to clear up those
pesky details before reaching your conclusion.

The future of the AS/400 is not yet decided. There are still so very many
factors that it really doesn't even do for us to try to define them in a
quick set of posts. If you made up your mind based on such "evidence" then I
feel that much more secure in my own beliefs.

Chris Rehm
javadisciple@earthlink.net
If you believe that the best technology wins the
marketplace, you haven't been paying attention.