  • Subject: Re: Midrange Computing is liquidating.
  • From: "Steve Richter" <srichter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 09:49:25 -0400

I am interested in knowing the numbers re trade publications.

How many people read them now vs 5 yrs ago.  What are the circulation nbrs
for the trade publications today vs then. Have the circulation nbrs dropped
as much as the advertising has?  Esp when you factor in hits at the web site
of the trade pub.

Has the fee based access to the news400 web site been a money maker?

Do vendors get more bang for their buck by being a presence on the web than
in a trade publication.

Are the diminished nbr of ads in the trade publications a result of less
spending on marketing or a lower pct of the marketing budget allocated to
trade pub advertising.

How do as400 customers become aware of a 3rd party product today: web
search, posting to a list like this one, marketing email sent by the vendor,
or seeing an ad in a trade publication.

What are the sales and profits of the top 10 iseries vendors. Today and 5
yrs ago?

Not ready to jump ship yet,
Steve Richter