From my perspective, this should be fully under the owner's control, as it
is in OS/400.

Al

Al Barsa, Jr.
Barsa Consulting Group, LLC

400>390

914-251-1234
914-251-9406 fax

http://www.barsaconsulting.com
http://www.taatool.com

                    "Jim Franz"

                    <franz400@triad.rr.        To:
<MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com>
                    com>                       cc:

                    Sent by:                   Subject:     Re: V5R1 DST
passwords
                    owner-midrange-l@mi

                    drange.com

                    07/08/01 11:21 AM

                    Please respond to

                    MIDRANGE-L

How can we participate in this new age of computing with
factory passwords & non-expiring passwords. I have and
continue to try and educate network techs on the danger of
any default or well-known passwords. We continue to make
fun of Microcrash's weekly list Cert advisories (as well as
Linux). There is no defense for factory passwords. We claim
the be more secure than any other business server, out of the
box. Can't have it both ways.
jim