  • Subject: Re: DB2 to Oracle
  • From: afvaiv <afvaiv@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 16:02:26 +0200

Hi, sometime ago I answered a question similar to yours (but for SQL Server),
but
the answer was just as good.
I'm copying it down. Hope this helps.
My former response was:

Maybe IBM's " DB2 DataJoiner " can help you? It allows access to SQL Server and
Oracle (among other) from different environments. AS/400 is one of these. But in
the case of AS/400 I believe it requires having an IPCS in the AS/400 (not sure)

This product was announced July 28, 1998 . Find its announcement in US
Ann.Letter

298-264. At bottom of that page you can request a .pdf file with the
announcement.

Other info of interest:

IBM DB2 DataJoiner Version 2.1.1 (don't know if there's a more updated one...)
look into   http://www-4.ibm.com/software/data/datajoiner/brochure/index.html

Product number:
Redbook for Planning SG24-2566
Document: Planning, Installation and Configuration Guide: SC26-9150

Config DBJoiner for DB2 UDB for AS/400
http://www.as400.ibm.com/developer/bi/datajoiner.html
(here you get a reference of using it in the AS/400 thru IPCS)

DRDA Config (for AS/400):
http://www.as400.ibm.com/developer/bi/datajoinersteps4.html

Accessing a MS SQL Server database
http://www.as400.ibm.com/developer/bi/datajoinersteps3.html