  • Subject: Backup command error: Labels Not Found While Processing File
  • From: "Jerry Kern" <Jerry.Kern@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 12:08:42 -0400

I'm getting the following error in my backup joblog.

"Labels Not Found While Processing File".

I'm using the IBM LTO Tape Drive and running a batch CLP with the following
commands, as shown directly (in boldface) from the joblog:

Message . . . . :    16600 - SAVLIB LIB(*ALLUSR) DEV(TAP02) SEQNBR('1')
ENDOPT(*LEAVE) CLEAR(*ALL) SAVACT(*LIB) SAVACTWAIT(30)

The last libraries saved by this command are QS36F, then QUSRINFSKR with the
following:

Message . . . . :   1 objects saved from library QUSRINFSKR.
Cause . . . . . :   1 objects were saved on volumes MPSAVE sequence number 151
at 06/24/01 01:10:02.  The save operation ended on volume MPSAVE. If
UPDHST(*YES) was specified, the save/restore history was updated unless
otherwise indicated by the previously listed messages.

Then the following appears:

     06/24/01   01:40:30   QTAERR         QSYS        0114     QTACLOSE     QSY
Message . . . . :   Processing not complete for volume MPSAVE on device TAP02.
Cause . . . . . :   Output tape for file QSYSTAP in library QSYS could not be
closed normally after at least 0 blocks were written in file sequence number
152. Ending labels, tape marks, or both may be missing from the volume.
Processing this file for input may return data that is not correct or the tape
may run off the end of the reel. Recovery  . . . :   Try the request again.

     06/24/01   01:40:30   QSRSVDEQ       QSYS        02F6     QSREVTHD     QSY
Message . . . . :   Save and restore file on media is not complete.
Cause . . . . . :   The save function ended abnormally before all data was
written to the media.  File QUSRSYS is not complete.  The file is on volume
MPSAVE. Recovery  . . . :   Do not use file QUSRSYS for restoring, or the
restore may not end normally. See message CPF377F for corrective action.  If
you were performing a SAVSYS, you will not be able to restore the operating
system from this backup media.

The next command is:

Message . . . . :    18900 - SAVLIB LIB(*IBM) DEV(TAP02) SEQNBR(*END)
ENDOPT(*LEAVE) CLEAR(*ALL) SAVACT(*NO)
    06/24/01   01:43:32   QTAERR         QSYS        0114     BKPLIBTAP
Message . . . . :   Labels not found while processing file.

Would this error be due to the fact that QUSRSYS was not fully saved and the
error is a carry-over ?

I get the same error with all of the following commands:

 Message . . . . :    20400 - SAVCFG DEV(TAP02) SEQNBR(*END) ENDOPT(*LEAVE)
CLEAR(*ALL)
     06/24/01   01:48:17   QTAERR         QSYS        0114     BKPLIBTAP
 Message . . . . :   Labels not found while processing file.

 Message . . . . :    21600 - SAVSECDTA DEV(TAP02) SEQNBR(*END) ENDOPT(*LEAVE)
CLEAR(*ALL)
     06/24/01   01:53:13   QTAERR         QSYS        0114     BKPLIBTAP    UTI
 Message . . . . :   Labels not found while processing file.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Jerry Kern