Oh Censored
You illuminated another hold in my brain
which I figured out when I went to look up the specifics in our system

This is one of the downsides of me doing e-mail from home without 400 & when
at 400 being twinax ... the mouth is not always connected to a complete brain

1. Our data is Y2K compliant
Most of our user human brains are not

I remember when we were doing Y2K compilaint testing & people were bitching
about year 98 through year 02 not being a valid range because it looked weird

2. Our users work with mm/dd/yy ... incomplete year century specificity ...
thus software has to know when someone keys in year 40
is it 1940 or 2040 or what?
that is handled by the application software system, not the OS

3. OS/400 "job date" is showin in a "date format"
which for me & Henrik defaults to *MDY (061401
but for someone else could be *YMD *DMY *JUL or *SYSVAL (QDATFMT)
internally to OS/400 the date really is Y2K compliant

4. CHGJOB can change date format & job date & other stuff

5. Perhaps I was remembering system value QCENTURY whjich was blank for
1928-1999 & became one in 2000-2053 which is not politically correct - the
new century millennium started 2001 but this way makes the math work for
non-Y2K-compliant inptu (concatenate QCENTURY with incomplete date).
I imagine that IBM might add TWO for 2054 through some suitable year, in a
future OS/400 release, long before 2053 gets close, and also make this field
one that can support 2 bytes or alpha or even 20 for 2000-2099, and that
would solve the problem until year 9999+1

6. The above is what I wrote before I saw Bruce Vining clarification, so it
is obvious that there still are holes in my brain.

also:   dleland@Harter.com (Leland, David)

>  What system value is that?

and