  • Subject: RE: How much Gas does PC/400 need?
  • From: Chris Whisonant <Chris.Whisonant@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2001 09:07:06 -0400

"I don't notice much of a difference between a P-pro 200MHz, PIII 500, and
PIII 850 that I use. So I guess I am suggesting that it needs a lot of gas,
and that it needs it more on the server than the client."

We have a 270 and a 720.  The 270 has no workload and we use it for testing
purposes.  The 720 is our production box which has a major interactive
workload from 8-5.  If I go through Ops Nav and look at the full hardware
listing, for instance, the list will come back from the 270 within 3 seconds
and the list will come back from the 720 in about 30 seconds.  Of course,
the 720 has more hardware, but the same response times can be noted by
looking at the TCP/IP configuration as well (there is not much difference in
that listing).  On the phone, we have been told by IBM that the speed is due
to the speed of the PC, but we all know that's not the case.

Chris Whisonant