  • Subject: Re: IBM SupportLine
  • From: "Jim Franz" <franz400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 11:58:01 -0400

I consider Supportline part of the Disaster Avoidance plan -when I need it,
it usually is critical. Won't do a release upgrade without it! I've needed
it less and less over the years, but the company considers essential. If it
saves the co 3 or 4 hours in an entire year, it has more than paid for
itself. I've dealt with IBM on some issues that took days to resolve, and
they were very actively involved. We have all dealt with 1st level telephone
clerks reading scripts, and there are "nice" ways to cut thru that quickly
(and I know they DO solve alot of problems in level one (are you sure it's
powered on?)
To me, it;s like Major Medical Insurance - your crazy to live without it -
and I certainly don't want the HMO version of
SupportLine!
jim