What about QBASE, which by default runs *everything* except spool jobs? I
think going round talking about interactive subsystems is a bad idea - what
people usually mean is QINTER, in which case it would be better to say so.
Sorry, this is an old hobby horse ... you can put anything you like in a
subsystem, if it has WSE's it will run interactive (i.e. 5250) jobs ...
however if it has jobs that serve client/server applications, it doesn't
need a WSE, but frequently you need to tune those jobs as if they were 5250
ones ... don't get fixated on what sort of job it is (unless you are
worrying about interactive feature, of course, which is another issue and
where only 5250 jobs count) - worry about what it is doing in practice &
tune accordingly.
Mandy

"Emilio Padilla Taylor" <epadilla@amigo.net.gt> on 25/04/2001 17:31:00

Please respond to MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com