  • Subject: How to Dynamically Update Sign On Screen with use of Message File Fields
  • From: "William N. Harrell, Jr." <wharrell@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 12:29:09 -0500

In reference to the article:

I have been testing the above procedure and can not get it to function correctly.   I have placed Message Fields on a Test Sign On Screen that was copied from QDSIGNON.  The fields reference Message Descriptions in a Message File.  Per the referenced article, the goal is to be able to dynamically change the Message Descriptions in the Message File and have then reflect on the Sign On Screen WITHOUT having to recompile the DSPF or end and start the QINTER subsystem.

I am finding the changes will not take place unless I recompile the DSPF and restart QINTER.

Any ideas on what I am doing wrong ?

William N. Harrell, Jr.
1015 Climbing Rose Turn
Cary, North Carolina  27511

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:Harrell, Jr.;William;N.
FN:William N. Harrell, Jr.
ORG:Time Warner Cable
TEL;HOME;VOICE:919 854 9813
ADR;HOME:;;1015 Climbing Rose Turn;Cary;North Carolina;27511
LABEL;HOME;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:1015 Climbing Rose Turn=0D=0ACary, North Carolina 27511
URL:http://home.nc.rr.com/wharrell
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:wharrell@nc.rr.com
REV:20010316T172909Z
END:VCARD