  • Subject: RE: STRPASTHR using TCP/IP
  • From: "Mark Villa" <markvilla@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 23:32:31 -0500

>>> tomh@simas.com
>>>I'm having some trouble getting the STRPASTHR to work over TCP/IP.
>>>Whenever I issue the command 'STRPASHTR S1055PNX', I see the Display
Station Pass-Thru screen come up for a few seconds, >>>then it errors out
with: APPC failure. Failure code is X'0009000000000000'.

***Please take this as an example only, there may be other ways to do this
and newer and older references to anything that follows:

1) DSPNETA, on third page is your value=Allow AnyNet support . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . :   *YES
2) I could only find reference for APPC over TCP to work using *ANYNET, and
is in the setup instructions. There are other ramifications that this
setting may impact, fix or break, especially within security. I would never
attempt to cover that here or without the book in my lap.

3) If you reached the remote system it will send a bind sense code back and
should be in the local QSYSOPR. (may need this one day if not today)

4) if the sense code is 8014, No Path Exists
Look here for others:
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr/BOOKS/qb3anh02/CCONTENTS

>>F1 on the error message tells me that 'Activate session timed out.'  I get
exactly the same error whenever I initiate >>STRPASTHR on the remote system.

5) Good that you noted this.

>>>I'm not sure what this is telling me, or how to go about fixing it.  Any
ideas?
6) WRKCFGL and if QAPPNRMT is not set correctly (may not exist yet on your
system) on either/both systems it will not work:
Look at Redbook: SG24-2531-01 under AnyNet/400 APPC over TCP/IP --excellent!
set up procedure.

7) don't know if you will be able to read below sample.
          Remote              Remote    Control
Remote    Network   Local     Control   Point     Location
Location  ID        Location  Point     Net ID    Password
S1055PNX  APPN      YOU       S1055PNX   APPN

>>>Also, will I be able to use this TCP/IP connection to SNDNETF (once I get
it working, that is)?
8) that works fine!

Mark Villa in Charleston