  • Subject: Re: Changing protocols
  • From: Larry Bolhuis <lbolhuis@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 08:24:27 -0500

<snip>
> Replace SNDNETF with FTP

  These are really two different animals. While you can move data and
programs between systems with each of them, SNDNETF uses SNADS which is
slower, but for your time penalty you get the system making sure the
file arrives, not your eyeballs or your code checking the FTP logs.  On
the sending system you can do the SNTNETF with the routers completely
down, the other system down, the phone line down, anything, SNADS sends
later automatically when the link is restored.  With FTP both systems
and everything between them must be AOK or you must handle it in your
error routines.

  Just my .02

   - Larry

--
Larry Bolhuis           |
Arbor Solutions, Inc.   | Cogito Ergo Vendo iSeries