  • Subject: Re: Supportline page (was:TCP/IP
  • From: D.BALE@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2001 18:04:00 -0500

Pat, thanks for the reply - I found the document.

When you first bring up:

  http://as400service.ibm.com/supporthome.nsf/document/10000051

do you see a search button/link?  I don't.  I have to click on one of the
links (any one works, ie, "All Documents") to get to it.  So, anyway, I search
on the document number, right click the link and copy the link location here:

http://as400service.ibm.com/s_dir/slkbase.nsf/fd9885170ed46f758625680b00020373/
8946ad734ec80ae08625685e0063bd78?OpenDocument&Highlight=2,18300213

Sheesh, I guess I shouldn't try to type that in manually, eh?

Just to test it all the way through, I manually created a bookmark with that
link address, and called it up in another browser window.  Works fine.  The
location address window shows the link address when called up this way.  If,
however, I click on the search results link, the location address window shows
the http://as400service.ibm.com/supporthome.nsf/document/10000051 address.
And I guess that's the crux of the problem.  How can I easily bookmark this
document without having to go through the tedious exercise I just described?

I still think it's silly that IBM does it this way.

Dan Bale
IT - AS/400
Handleman Company
248-362-4400  Ext. 4952